Spring 2018 Kit Series--Week 1/8 (sign up/inspiration board)

112 posts / 0 new
Last post

Thanks Jessica.

LoL my favorite kind of glitter is the pretty digital kind....lol with a high gloss or without doesn't matter. smiley The neat kind lol. I still see it in the cats...my one black guy is nice and sparkly (he checks out the backpack everyday) to bad I can't catch it on film could make a super star adoption pic.

To HOLLY WOLF

Holly, Sherry Jewell (aka Nellie Bell) has asked me to let you know that she won't be continuing with this kit series challenge, as she has had a family tragedy: her little granddaughter has sadly passed away in a house fire. Sherry's son and daughter in law, as well as the two younger children, are all in hospital at the moment.

News article HERE

I can't imagine what they are all going through... smiley smiley

To all ...

I do not think Nellie will read this, but that's not important. I think that's really terrible with the granddaughter. Unfortunately, I could barely understand the words of the video, but I rhyme everything together.
Again and again you get caught up in the harsh realistic life, also here on this fun website. So many lives are linked together. And nobody can escape the real life.
All the more, I appreciate the happy time I spend with DigitalScrapbook.com and the nice members. It is, so to speak, a break from hectic, stress, anger and suffering of everyday life. To switch off, to find joy and energy.

So I am with the heart in mourning at nellie. Especially when children are affected, I sometimes find life so unfair! What can they do for anything in their environment to lead to a tragedy? Nothing at all! Children are so innocent.
In this sense, my sincere condolences!
In this sense a question: Can we send participants of this Challenge their somehow comforting and sympathetic words?
In this sense, has the issue of "grief" ever been considered in PS? It hits everyone once and this is what you want to hold in your memory albums, or is it not?

Please write me your opinion.
Thanks and best regards to all

Robyn, thanks for the heads up. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. My son's former babysitter lost her son in a fire just after his 7th birthday, only a few weeks after I'd taken my son out of her day care due to my switching jobs to night shift. I remember how devastating it was for her entire family, and to know someone else is having to deal with that same sense of loss is just heartbreaking.

Arite, you can certainly send Nellie Bell a message of sympathy and comfort. Just hit the Contact link below her photo.

As far as a grief or funeral kit, we don't have such a thing here, though I have used images from a baptism kit here on a funeral program. Lots of people don't want to scrap the unhappy stuff like severe injuries or deaths, despite such unhappy things being a part of life.

Thank you Robyn for relaying her situation! That is so heartbreaking! I will have to send Nellie my love! I remember when our neighbor from our previous neighborhood went through that same thing right after we had moved into this house. Her granddaughter was only 4 at the time and she was only a few months older than my own daughter. My husband was the one who had to break the horrible news to the grandmother of the little girl. She had been raising her but left her behind with her mom while she went on a vacation. It hit very close to home for us. Our own hearts broke too. In Nellie's family I pray the others may be able to recover and then cope with the tragedy. It is a life changing one. I'm sorry for all who have had to go through this! My heart is with them!

And on the note of scrapping grief, I personally have scrapped pages about my little ones I lost. Matter of fact my 1st little boy I lost I did many pages. I only had a few early ultrasounds and his footprints but I scrapped a lot of pages to help me through my grief. For me scrapping really helped me work through my grief. And in my case since I lacked "memories" and photos [outside a few ultrasounds] of my baby boys the pages helped them have a presence that they never got to have.

Oh no!!! smiley Big huge hugs smiley to Sherry and her loved ones. smiley

Thank you, Robyn, for letting us know. My heart and prayers go out to Nellie and her family. Such an incredible tragedy... it is hard to fathom.

Robyn, thank you for telling us about Sherry's family tragedy.
I saw the post on her Facebook group about it, and I'm so sad about it all.
So very heart wrenching, and I can't fathom trying to heal in the hospital while knowing your child didn't make it out of the fire.
Wow.
Praying for them all.

Holly, I know we don't have a grief kit here at Pixelscrapper, but maybe it could be considered? It is difficult to deal with death, the emotions and the pain are in some ways inexpressable. And yet......sometimes scrapping about it does help somehow. As Jessica described, it can be a great way to work through it all.
I've often wanted to have some way of scrapping about my Dad's death.
I did make some pages about it, but I've often felt there was so much missing to what I did.
So much I wanted to say, so much I wanted to show......
I just showed the photos I took at the funeral.
Because I didn't know WHAT to say or show.
I think a kit dealing with grief would greatly help me redo those pages.

But, that being said, I have no idea how one would make a grief kit.
What would you show? What would you say?
Again, I'm at a loss.

Oh what a great loss...my heart breaks. I'm merely a mother, and I know from extensive talks with my mom that being a grandmother is a magnifier of feelings as far as grandchildren are concerned. I hope they can work through and past this and become stronger as a family and keep that precious little girl in their thoughts and memories forever, and in a positive way. smiley

Hello all. Thank you for the kind comments. I read them all and I appreciate them. Maybe someone could make a thread to discuss the Grief kits, I call them Remembrance kits. At least having a different thread would let this thread become the happy thread it was before Thursday smiley Perhaps an admin could move the comments to that thread? We made some Remembrance kits in our Facebook group and you would be surprised how many people use them to help work thru the grief. At the moment I can't even bring myself to look at her picture but I will one day and they will be happy thoughts smiley

Now on a happier note I look forward to seeing all the progress and the awesome kits I know will be here. I intend to finish mine I just can't say it will be on schedule. I will use this to help keep my mind busy. I have always wanted to make a kit that can be used for recipes and a family cook book.

smiley smiley smiley

Again, so sorry for your loss Nellie. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you and your family.

As for the remembrance kits, you can share ideas here.

Thank you Marissa smiley

i love you sis. smiley

Hoping I did this right. My thoughts are still scattered but I want to see this through. smiley

LOVE THIS IDEA smiley Anything to do with cats, or animals period, I'm a big fan smiley I also love anything to do with reading/books and knowledge so I love this months blogtrain. Thank you all for your hard work and sharing your designs smiley

I know I'm late on getting this in here, but here is mine and I'll start work on the other weeks soon..I hope this is an ok idea..

I love that rose, Lisa... I can't wait to see the final product. That palette is very calming to my mind.

@Madge thank you so much, I love vintage stuff and things that have an elegant look, so I can only hope it turns out good...*heart*

Pages