June 2015 Blog Train - Deadline June 30

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
June 2015 Blog Train - Deadline June 30

The June 2015 DigitalScrapbook.com Blog Train - England is simply lovely. The contributions are amazing and were very generously created. Let's show our appreciation for these wonderful creations by creating something with them - and no worries if you don't live in England or have never visited this blog train is really quite versatile. Please use this thread to share layouts that you create using this blog train. You can find all the downloads here. If you'd like to leave comments, questions, thanks, etc, please do so in this post.

The Details

1. Challenge ends after June 30, 2015
  2. See updated rules here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with these TWO tags: june 2015 layout challenge, june BT 2015 challenge
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. Link your layout here in the forum to your gallery. Doing this makes it much easier for others to find your layout and smiley or comment on it. If you don't know how to do this there is a great tutorial here.

I did two layouts--one with my portion[/url] of the blog train;

the other with Janet Scott's English Heritage mini kit of the blog train. I guess I was in a "circle" kind of mood for both of them! smiley

anarchy by Brenda Hollingsworth

I made one with Violet's portion because there was a perfect storm of inspiration

I know... I totally love her kit! I just don't have anything to scrap with it, dang it!

Yeah...now I'm wondering if I have any shots of that punk fairy costume I did for a sci-fi/fantasy convention hall costume a few years ago!

I may have a fortuitous photo to scrap--I didn't know an acquaintance of mine was marrying so soon, but he DID actually marry in England on the 29th! (I need to get permission to use the photo first, or I'd already be elbows deep in creating a layout.) And, even funnier...the colors in the photo will almost all match well with the kit I did--just one blue that's noticeably not on palette!

I have never been to England, so I had to think outside the box. This photo reminded me of a pub and the papers by Erin Crouch gave me the same feeling. I used elements from Helen Morgan, Bits O Scrap, and Di Hiller. Thanks for the wonderful kits, this was so fun.

June 2015 Blog Train Layout Challenge

I used Marisa's England Bundle. I hope that counts!

As long as you used mainly the mini that is part of the blog train then yes it is in the right place. If you used mostly items from the other kits in the bundle then it should be in the June Kits Challenge instead.

I used both but I'll have to double check

No worries - I know it can be a bit confusing with kits created with the same theme and colors as the blog train. When I glance at it it looks to me like you used mostly the blog train so I would just leave it.

Ya the background paper is the blog train and a few elements so I think I'm good!! Thanks Kaleena!

Totally love that layout Steph!!

Here's one from me!

Here is mine:

tx!

I couldn't wait to play with this BT. Started from scratch on this and experimented until I was happy with it. I really wanted to work in Melo's painted flowers and play with some brush masks (because I pretty much never do). I wasn't brave enough to go beyond the borders just yet, but it's a start. smiley

I did another one tonight. Finding ways to experiment with the papers and painty clipping masks is kind of a new thing for me, but I'm having fun with it. smiley

here's mine where I used Karry Dempsey's London Calling kit to scrap these pictures of the Buckingham Palace in Window of the World, Shenzhen, China

I like what you all have made if it so far !

@Amanda! I LOVE. LOVE>L O V E your layout here! Nice!

@Steph.. Thanks for using my kit! It does look rather "Pub" inspired!

Here is my layout. Most of the layout is made with the England blog train, so I hope that is ok.

Erin, your Alice in wonderland elements where perfect for my photo. Thank you.

@Ania! I love it!! Such a perfect photo for those elements!

I didn't realize you made Alice elements, Erin!? I'm throwing my sisters wedding shower right now and we are having an Alice theme! Those would be perfect for her invitations. Can I use them for that?

Yes! Sure! They are on my blog right now www.erincrouchstudio.blogspot.com

Thanks! smiley

Topic locked