February 2024 LC - One Thing

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
February 2024 LC - One Thing

Welcome! Up for something new?

WLM is always a great opportunity to try and pick up something new. So here we go. In this challenge you get to give one thing to the person preceding your page and to the person following your page.
ONE THING has 2 words and 2 elements:

1: Pick one thing for the next person to include on their page, like a patterned paper, a flower, stitching, a certain font category ... etc. You can be very specific and link to a certain item in this site's store.

2: And you also mention ONE THING you'd alter in the layout preceding your layout. (The thing I sometimes change on my own pages once they are finished and I take a look at them, is the introduction of more latitude for example, or plain black. My 2nd fave alteration is the way text is aligned, placed, sized, colored -often black is NOT the best choice- or spaced . My 3rd fave alteration is sizing in general.... I often go ahead and link everything on the page except the background paper and make it smaller ...... just to give you three examples)

The Details

1. Challenge ends when February does.
  2. Be sure to post your layout in this month's completion thread if you would like to earn download credits. More details here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with this tag: feb 2024 layout challenge, feb 2024 lc 1thing
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.

So here is my layout. It was for a white space challenge.

Please use this wonderful border by Chitra on your layout in any way you see fit.

I would change the clip on your page, Bina. It seems to be taking the focus on itself. I would just put a small discreet button instead.

7/20

Please use this beautiful transfer by Billie in your page

You mean the one holding the two word strips? Right you are! Thanks, AMarie! smiley And fab page BTW smiley

AMarie, I accept your challenge and will make a page using that transfer.
I'm having a hard time figuring out anything I'd change on your page, though! I guess maybe put something a little weightier along the right-hand side, to balance the photo cluser a little more?

Here's my page. I doubled up the paint transfer and applied different blending modes to each.

You're right, Nona! smiley
Now you have to give one thing to use for the follower.

Please use this cutout by Chitra on your page next.

I'll take the mat from Chitra.

Nona, I really like your LO and the colors you used. What I would change in your LO is I woul make everything at least 25% smaller, but that is because I really like white space LOs. Whenever I am browsing a gallery that's what my eyes are atracted to so that is, mostly what I do.

Now, please use the messy thread on your page

Cintia, please re-read the challenge instructions and give Nona her part. Thanks.

Oh, thank you Bina! It is done. smiley

I'll take the thread that Cintia specified.

Cintia... the one thing I would change on your page is to add an extra mat behind the photo frame... just a sliver just to lift the photo a little more ... it seems to meld a bit too much into the layout.

The one thing I would like you to use next is: Lace and Satin Stitched Heart by Wendy

Thank you Cathy. You are absolutely right! smiley

Thanks for covering for me, Bina! Apparently having three different components to take care of was just a little too much for me, lol.

Yes, Nona, we are quite an international group. smiley

I'll take the lace and satin stitched heart

Cathy, I would perhaps make the stamped XOXO's a little smaller and increase the size of your photo so that it's a little more prominent on the page, drawing the eye to the photo.

Next, please use this flower banner by Olivia

I'll take Rachel's flower banner, Lidia.
If I had to change one thing on your page, I would reduce the size of the painted hearts a little.

Next one is for using this sticker from Marisa in your page. Happy scrapping!

Topic locked