Apr 2024 LC - Photo Mask

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apr 2024 LC - Photo Mask

Welcome to the Photo Mask Challenge! For these challenges I will either have a new free mask available for you to download or we will be using an existing one from Digital Scrapbook, which you can use your free download credits to obtain. Here are a few ideas on how to incorporate photo masks - they are wonderful to enhance (and blend) your photos into a layout, use them to add a contrasting background to your photo, or use them just for photos as you can see in the examples below.

Challenge: This month's challenge is to use this Photo Mask somewhere on your layout.

The Details

1. Challenge ends when April does.
  2. Be sure to post your layout in this month's completion thread if you would like to earn download credits. More details here.
  3. You must tag your layouts with this tag: apr 2024 layout challenge, apr 2024 lc photo mask
  4. See entered layouts here.
  5. See updated rules here.

Most of all have fun!

Oh yes! My page here! smiley

What a lovely clipping mask. Thank you. I will try to come up with something.

sounds great. Not sure if I did it correctly.

my layout:

@Bourico - Very lovely!

@Sandy - Thank you! And I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

@Debbie - That's the beauty of scrapping, there really is no wrong way! The black from the mask really draws you into the photo since it forms a border. (Adorable Little Miss with her tea party!)

@Laine - Very beautiful!

Thank you, Jessica. I love using masks.

Beautiful pages Emerald and Bina! smiley

smiley Thank you, Jessica. Maleny is quite a lovely place with an incredible art gallery.

Thank you, Jessica smiley

Very beautiful pages ladies! smiley

Very lovely layouts @Linda and @Doska! Thanks so much for playing along! smiley

@Laura Lovely job - the dark background & digits with the b&w works works really well - makes me think its like a memory on paper.
@Amarie Very pretty page - love how you worked the frame into the mask. Beautiful!

Thank you both for joining in! smiley

I used the photomask behind my group of photos, and doubled it up to make a square... then applied a white paper to it so that it looks like a painted area.

I tried uploading my page but it buffered at proving that I am a human and then went back to the beginning. What am I doing wrong or does it take a while for the page to upload?

@Cathy Your page is so pretty and the photos are wonderful! I also really love how you used the photo mask! Thanks so much for playing along!

@Sandy - So sorry you are having some troubles. I think you are just catching the site with some hiccups going on at the moment. Even my logging in a few minutes ago caused me to have a captcha - something it normally doesn't do. Hope you are successful soon. smiley

Thanks Jessica. I will try again.

Jessica, I uploaded it but it didn't appear here. Was I supposed to put hashtags on the tags? It ended up in the Gallery.

Yes, when you upload it will only go in the Gallery. You can read how to share a layout in the forums by going here. Hope that helps! Enjoyed looking at your page in the gallery and I left you a comment too. smiley

Success! I think that I got my first post to it's correct location. No idea how some of you have wording on yours though. These are my Mom's first cousins. All of their other cousins on both sides of the family have passed away so they have reached down to the next generation. We are blessed!

Congrats on your first layout in the Gallery! Lovely page, especially all the journaling with it. And so glad you had the opportunity to visit your kinfolk! Thanks again for joining in Sandy! smiley

Thanks Jessica. smiley I am glad that I persevered. It was such a treat to see them both. They would both like a copy of the pages to put in their Sister photo album. At 90 and 83 they are still scrapbooking!

Thank you for the beautiful mask, Jessica! I used it with my photo and as a mat behind the photo.

@Sandy That's amazing! smiley

@Chitra Adding elements into the mask is another way of using photo masks - thank you so much for demonstrating that with your page!
@Nona Very beautiful Nona! I love how you used the mask as a way to help your photo, so it doesn't blend to much into the background paper. Nice work!

Thank you both for playing along! smiley

Pages

Topic locked