October 2023 Mini Kit Recipe Challenge

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
October 2023 Mini Kit Recipe Challenge

I have a mini kit recipe challenge for you today! Follow the prompts below to create your own mini kit. Be sure to share your results!

Papers
2 striped papers
2 pattern paper
1 dot paper
1 plaid paper
1 ephemera paper

Elements
3 flowers
2 photo frames
2 strings/ribbons
1 doily
3 pieces of ephemera
2 stamps
2 buttons
2 tags

Spoilers: click here to see the mini kit I used for this recipe.

thank u s much Marisa for sharing smiley

Wow!!! That's my favorite post ever!!! It1s Great.

Thank you, Marisa

Hey Marisa,

What is ephemera? Thanks

Paper ephemera is really things that you would collect that have only been created for short term use. Things like advertising literature (think brochures and leaflets), packing and wrappers, greeting cards and postcards.

I have a mini kit for this challenge, thanks Marisa:

Thank you, this palette is gorgeous x

Thank you , Cintia, for your beautiful kit. smiley

Looks fun!

thank you for this receipt, I will try to make a kit

hello

what ephemera elements have people made? I made a postcard but I can't think of what else I can make. Thanks.

Sarah, it probably depends on your kit…. But having said that, how about these?:

Tickets:
Drive in theater, bowling alley, art museum, special exhibit at the art museum, any kind of museum.
Sporting events
Concerts
State Fair, County Fair, Six Flags, Disney world
Business cards,
Raffle Tickets - 5 tickets in a string

Invitations
Birthday, wedding, baby shower, graduation

Old fashioned labels, milk caps, soda bottle caps

Recipe cards with recipes.

Anything with old fashioned cursive handwriting on it. Anything with ripped or torn edges.

If you want to make something, it would be really hard to blur the text edges, so watch for that. computer fonts have a sharp edge, but ephemera has slightly blurred edges. Also the paper texture …try to get some nice texture instead of computer generated.

P.S. I think you should also consider scanning or photographing something that is actually old instead of trying to make it. I got a book from the library called, “Fake Love Letters, Forged Telegrams, and Prison Escape Maps” by Annie Atkins, and OMG! To get really top notch ephemera takes a professional over a WEEK!

wow, great ideas. Thanks so much. My theme is great grandparents, so I am sure that I can find stuff to go along with that. Thanks again smiley

You’re welcome!

Thank you Cintia,

wonderful Minikit. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing one, too many appointments. Maybe next month, then maybe with my new PSP program.

Lovely kit Sarah!

Thanks Marisa! smiley