May 2017 Mini Kit Challenge: Getting Started

54 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 2017 Mini Kit Challenge: Getting Started

Hi all! I thought I'd revive an old challenge we haven't done for a while (2013?)!

For two weeks, starting May 13 I'll post daily prompts for you to make one thing every day. By then end of the two weeks you'll have 14 items, perfect for a sweet mini kit.

I will give you the prompts in a chunk so if working every day doesn't fit your schedule, you can work along as you like!

To begin you can brainstorm your color palette and theme. Be sure to share below what you're thinking. I'll be back on Saturday with your prompts!

A tempting offer! smiley

Well this looks interesting smiley

Wow, I love the concept, Marisa--this will be great for people who want to try to start designing but don't have an idea where to begin! smiley

Sounds fun!

I might have to join in on this one! I've never designed anything before so this would be a great way to start.

Now this could be just what I need to help me get back on track, even tho I have been designing for years, the fact is
I have been so busy trying to catch up, and getting re organised since the crash and loss of the pc for 5 months,
I can't walk a straight line.... Have had to move and revamp 2 stores due to a Paypal policy change, etc etc....
getting creatively organised has been a chore and a half. smiley

Anyway, here are 2 palettes I want to work with, problem is I am not sure which colors will actually end up in one palette, or maybe all of them lol. Steampunk and these colors have been torturing me for weeks, so!!!

or this

I've been quietly lurking on this site for about three (four??) years. I do a bit of designing, but, I have my own techniques. I've been fascinated by the scraps on this blog and have always wanted to learn the techniques here. I'm in. I'm not going to do just one, I'm going to do two.

Additionally on this challenge, since I recently got Photoshop (CC version... and thus, once I figure out how to load them, I can work with styles) and I've been using Paint Shop Pro for almost twenty years, currently Photo X9, I'm going to do one kit strictly in Photoshop (the color palette on the left) and do the other in PSP (and if I can't use some certain style or method because of the software differences, I'm going to try to find workarounds to make something similar and boost my creativity in both programs.)

Themes: Left Palette: Paris / Right Palette: Springtime

And I want full kits, not mini-kits, so I'm going to do at least two elements per kit each day:

Not sure I understand how this will work... but will keep a look out!

I just wish I'll remember to come daily for a prompt! smiley

I've been in a slump lately. So maybe this will give me the boost I need. Only time will tell. LOL!

Sounds like fun! I've never designed anything, but I'm game to try!

i have been trying to start designing...this might be a great way to do it smiley

I'd like to try this! I'm thinking I'll build a mini of my own to compliment the "Home is..." from the digi parade smiley

I'm a little confused on how this will work. I would LOVE to join as designing has been on my mind lately. Can we use the templates available or do we design from scratch?

The palette I would like to try my hand at.

This will be my main palette, and my theme will be "Beach Finds"
[url][/url]

With accents from this palette
[url][/url]

I think that I am going to put together a mini kit for a family reunion that my family is having in August this year. We are going to the Smokies of Tennessee. Shades of greens and browns, I think. Dash of wild flowers colors.....

I've never done anything like this before...not sure how good I would be but it sounds fun to try! We just finished a family vacation so probably would like to do something with that involved.

Oh yay, something else to add to my to do list! (And something else to not do while I procrastinate!)

This may be my first step to sharing......

This is a great Idea Kayl...I like that train but thought some more elements would be good!

Hope it's ok to butt in with Kayl's color choice!

This sounds feasible for me. I have some plans for this palette.

[url=ColorPalette to be used by Cully][/url]

This sounds fun! Maybe I will give it a try, Always good to challenge yourself smiley

So glad everyone is excited to join in! I'm looking forward to what you all make!

For those of you on the fence/confused it won't be complicated. I'll post a week's worth of prompts on Saturday, with a word for each day (stripes, tags, tiny, etc). Then you make something! Then in a week I'll post a second list. You'll have fun, I promise smiley

I'd love to join in!!!

Liking this color palette:

ื ืฉืžืข ืžืขื ื™ื™ืŸ
ืœื ื›''ื› ื”ื‘ื ืชื™ ืื™ืš ืžืฆื˜ืจืคื™ื, ืื‘ืœ ื ืžืชื™ืŸ ื‘ื™ื—ื“ ืขื ื›ื•ืœื

lovely palette!

Love your palette!

So, is designing a kit something like papers, elements, that sort of thing? And do we take our own photos and turn them into elements? Is there any place I can go for some direction?
Thanks!

Does anyone use Panstoria Artisan or Creative Memories Storybook Creator? That's what I used and I have designed some elements before, just not sure what this is all about, but I want to try!
I am constantly taking "texture" photos of walls, tree bark, etc. to save for scrapbooking backgrounds. Thinking I could turn those into papers?
Sorry for the multiple questions!
smiley

Pages