March 2024 Mini Kit Recipe Challenge

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
March 2024 Mini Kit Recipe Challenge

I have a mini kit recipe challenge for you today! Follow the prompts below to create your own mini kit. Be sure to share your results!

Papers
1 plaid paper
1 striped paper
1 uneven polka dot paper
2 other patterns

Elements
1 frame
5 flowers
4 styles of tag
3 flairs/brads
3 word art
5 shapes
1 scatter
1 ribbon

Spoilers: click here to see the mini kit I used for this recipe.

As a Level 1, how would I share a Mini Kit here? Just a photo of what's in it? smiley

Oi Marisa, posso participar do desfio usando kit digital que baixei daqui?

Oi Ivanete, bem vinda! O desafio é fazer os seus próprios designs. Você pode usar os gráficos daqui para ajudar, começar, mas é preciso modificá-los e você não pode oferecer um kit com 100% de gráficos daqui. Dá uma olhadinha nos termos de uso do site. Eles ficam AQUI

Se você quiser saber como começar no design de seus próprios elementos para um kit digital, pode iniciar dando uma olhada AQUI

Espero que você se divirta!

Translation to English:
Hi Ivanete, welcome here. The challenge is for you to make your own designs. You can use the graphics here as a starting point, but they have to be modified. And you can't offer a kit with 100% graphics from here. Take a look at the TOU HERE

If you want to start designing your own elements for a digital kit you can start taking a look HERE
I hoe you have fun!

Obrigada Cíntia, vou olhar e ver se consigo fazer. Gratidão.

Hello all I am working on a kit. Need to know what is an uneven polka dot paper?

Do you just want to show preview of kit ?

I would say random and/or not uniform polka dots like the one in the kit (2nd paper from the left ) which Marisa linked in her original post. Hope that helps Debbie! smiley

Arlisa
Realised I had missunderstod your question and that I don't know how either.... smiley

Thank you Jess.

Thanks Linda! That is very helpful info. I guess my main question is, am I allowed to just post a photo of the mini kit without anyone being able to download the elements? As a level 1, I can't post a kit to the Commons. I can post 5 individual elements per day. (It's also possible that I'm just not understanding.)

I would say it is ok since you have no obligation to share the kit. You can make the preview to show us here and say the elements are available in the commons. I've seen that done before.

Okay, thanks!

Yes, you only need to share the mini kit to download if you want, it's mostly a creative exercise!

Thanks Marisa!

Looks like I am early posting.
With March having two Holidays going on I made a small kit for each.
Kit is at dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hxjpgsmr2wj2vids5qn8t/March-2024-Mini-Kit-Recipe-Challenge.zip?rlkey=lozipxu3ffafjasjq8x9b2yaj&dl=0

very nice!

This is my first kit, and I had soooooo much fun making it. For those of you not familiar with Pi Day, a quick Google will show you how many in the US celebrate on 3/14. It's not unusual to see Pi Day Pies and students memorizing as many digits of Pi as they can.

A couple of things you should know about me:
1) I'm a total nerd.
2) My sense of humor completely embraces puns.

What had me chuckling while creating this kit?
1) The pie crust theme: the scatter contains pi and pie, the circles on the red paper are pie crust shapes, the frame is the outer ring of a pie crust, and even the heart-shaped petal flowers have pie centers.
2) The puns
3) Tau>Pi: in math circles there is an ongoing debate about whether we should stop using pi and instead use tau (which is pi doubled). Apparently, this debate gets heated with some math scholars...as though this is one of life's high priorities, LOL.
4) The Pi Ribbon: Pi is a number that goes on forever, so I had to stop somewhere. smiley
5) There's a radius drawn on each circle on the brown paper.

I don't expect this kit to have mass appeal, although there is some application for those who love pie or photos from school Pi Day celebrations. Since I'm still a Level One, it will take a while before I can upload these items to the Commons. (I will probably finish uploading my Swim Team Vibes collection first.)

Meanwhile, you are welcome to laugh along with me at my nerdiness. smiley Hope I made you smile!

Note: I used Marisa's bronze brad template. The rest are my original creations.

Girls all kits look great!
Arlisa you had me chuckling the whole time I read your explanantion. smiley As a nerd myself, I salute you. smiley I hope you do upload this kit in the commons, even if it is piece by piece.

Made me smile and laugh!
Cute kit liked it.

I love this! Any chance you could upload it to Dropbox or Google Drive, so that those of us who aren't paid subscribers can download it?

This is so awesome! Love the Pi/Pie, polka dots, and the colors.

I used the recipe to make my contribution to the April 24 blogtrain

Awesome mini kits everyone!!

As someone who loves math (there's just something about numbers and formulas), I absolutely adore your kit! Well done! I work in a school and part of my duties includes being the 6-8th grade math intervention aide. In honor of Pi Day, students were given the opportunity to get extra credit - a point for every number in pie they could recite. Many studied the First 100 Numbers of Pi Song and one student nailed it!

I love your kit Arlisa!!! Hello and congrats on a great first kit from another nerd. Pi was my boys favorite # - when young, they had a competition to memorize it. They all learned well over 100 digits before starting to annoy each other and stopping. smiley

Eventually these will be in commons.

Pages