January 2023 Design Challenge Letter A

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
January 2023 Design Challenge Letter A

Welcome and thanks for joining in.

The color hex codes are for apps that manage colors like Adobe PSE or Microsoft Office.

LINKS
There is a collecion of palettes here and please look at this One of Marisa's goodies.
See this here one by Marisa on making swatches from photos, awesome thread that is.
See this great post by Robyn Denton on colors.
Check this on pinterest by Kaleena Farmer.
Robyn Denton has so many great tips and here is yet another one that I love, for everyone who does not have the right app to check gamut with.

Ooo, I love these colors, Bina! I think I'll use the entire swatch and just add 2 more for a bit of color pop. Once I'm done with the January blog train kit, I'll get started on this.

smiley Awsome, Christina, so great you like the colors. I'm always looking forward to your creations.

Thanks for a new fun challenge Bina!

Bina: Thanks a bunch! These challenges of yours gives me an excuse to create lots of kits. So, thank you (again)!

Sarah: I'm glad you're going to participate. smiley

smiley Welcome, Sarah! So great to see you here!

I finished my mini kit. Since I had to include an airplane and automobile, I went with a vacation theme. It'll be available in the Commons later this evening, as I'm about to upload everything. Thanks for the challenge, Bina!

Great work, Christina!

Thank you, Sarah! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

So beautiful, Christina. Thank you for playing along. smiley I really love your early automobile!

I have toy cars and cartoon-style cars, but I wanted something more adult-like, so I searched in the graphics and found Marisa's antique car stamps. Worked out well! Thank you for hosting this! Loads of fun!

I thought I would try my hand at this challenge. I will build on my kit as the letters come available.
Thanks for the opportunity. Will post the elements to the commons.
I saw the colors and thought of my grandsons and son-in-law.

Thanks for joining in, Gail! Such a beautiful contribution with great textures and really pretty elements.

Thanks Bina

Yeah, I really love the colors you used. Works very well for boys. Great texture on the solids too!

Thanks Christina.

You're welcome!

I decided to combine this palette with the December Free Color and do A & B together:

In Commons: https://www.digitalscrapbook.com/tricia-ptktj/kits/2023-january-dc-kit-winter-snow-paint-green-teal-navy-blue-magenta-brown

And some matching solid papers:

And a frame cluster:

. smiley oh I am so happy you made that choice!!! Awsome result, love the gradient colouring and the artsy style. Many thanks for playing along and sharing, Tricia!

Very nice, ladies!

Great job, Tricia and Sarah!

Thanks so much Lisel!

thanks Christina

Lovely kits

Bina: Awesome challenges that inspire me to play! Great idea to give us specifics to include and a place to start color-wise! Thank you for organizing these! I am slow, but I am in! smiley

Christina: You and Tricia are so dang fast! I want to be just like you gals when I grow up! LOL I totally copied your vacation/travel theme since it was perfect for using the airplane and automobile. Thanks for blazing the trail on that! And what pretty jewel-tones you added to Bina's blue . . . I especially like the golden mustard tone. YUM! Really nice kit, Christina. I can see a lot of people making use of it.

Gail: Love your colors for this challenge, and what you have so far. Making a boy kit is a super idea with the car and airplane elements and I absolutely adore the texture on your basic papers. Really great start to this kit. Can barely wait to see what else you create for it.

Tricia: More pretty rich jewel-tones! What a great eclectic mix of colors and ideas! So many wonderful textures, too. I really like the Frosty snowman word art and the "tie dye" rik rak and chevrons. And clusters! Such cool clusters from someone who said they didn't like to make them just a few weeks ago! Awesome and fun kits, my friend!

Sarah: I love your mini-kit! The travel theme is perfect for this challenge and your papers and elements are perfect for the theme. Love the limited color palette you used. Very cohesive and very fun, Sarah.

LOL I merely have a lot of free time on my hands. I'm on Disability, so I'm home all the time, except for doc appts/PT and when I stay at my son's for a weekend. I need to have something constructive to do. Scrapbooking fills a good portion of a typical day. But, honestly, your design skills are what I aspire to be when I grow up! LOL You always make such pretty, unique elements. Just look at that flower for the Show & Tell!!! smiley smiley smiley

. smiley so beautiful, Tricia. Your add on is super pretty, I think the little snowflake sequins are the cutest thing!!! Many thanks for sharing your fab work here with us!

.Aw ,thanks @ Annette Marie!!! smiley smiley

'Great Job @Sarah Evans. Such a classy, well balanced kit. So versatile. I really love how you have so many different textures in your mini, just perfect smiley . Many thanks for playing along and sharing your creation!

Pages