December 2023 Put Something in the Kit challenge

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
December 2023 Put Something in the Kit challenge

Welcome to the Put Something in the Kit challenge. I hope that this is something that we can do monthly. In this challenge, we are each going to pick a palette and a theme. But we are each going to put something in the kit. To put something in the kit, you have to show us a picture of it and tell us how you made it.

I am going to put this flower in the kit. I made it with Inkscape.

Create a five point star with a thick stroke
Set the rounded to -1.500 and the spoke ratio to 0.010. This is your basic flower.
Make a small circle with a stroke for the center of the flower.
Lastly, make a five sided polygon to put behind your flower.

This is the video I learned this from.
[url=YouTube Tutorial]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7GCChT6gI4[/url]

OK, who is next to put something in the kit?

Hi Sarah, this is a great idea and I think it could be a lot of fun. Will put mine in later.

Thanks Gail. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the challenge, Sarah.

I’ll work on this, too, Sarah, but meanwhile, nice job on matching your patterned paper to the flower, Bina. I think we should just add to match what’s here….if somebody wants to put in a bright Volkswagen red bead spill or something, well then, I’m sure it will look great, and one more color to match for the people coming on board later in the month.

Thanks guys

@Bina - How did you make the paper?

@Sarah: with a template by Elif, from the cast a spell kit.

Very Nice!

Hi Sarah,

where can I find the matching color palette?

Hey

I didn't make a color palette this time. Sorry. Use whatever colors you want. I will next time. Thanks. smiley

Sorry I didn't do this great. Let's choose a theme for the next one and I will do a color palette. Anyone have any ideas for a theme? Thanks

It has been a long time since I played with Inkscape, I really need to do some tutorials because it is not an easy program to use. Thanks for the challenge Sarah.
I made this with my Jan BT papers.

Ok Sarah,

if there is no palette this time, then I can bring my "cut out heart" into your challenge as a freebie. It is 600x 478 px in size.

@Tricia - Beautiful
@Doska - Love it. How did you make it?

Does anyone have an element they would like to teach next month? Still trying to figure out how to work this challenge, maybe its better to do a "teach me something" type thing??????????????????

Hi Sarah,

thank you.
In Photo Impact there is a path editing tool, with which you can "draw" shapes/paths and change them or drag additional shapes into them. Here I have drawn an oval ornament into a heart. You can also create your own laces with my program. Dingbats are also very helpful. But they have to be vectorized beforehand so that they can be drawn up. Other programs may have different methods for cutting out elements.

Hi Sarah,
Hope it's ok to play along for this challenge smiley !
Here are two journal cards, both around 5x4, created in MS PowerPoint. I inserted two shapes, one rounded edged with a sketched double border and the other regular square in a glittery shimmery paper bordered with lace, added texture and the elements from my stash and saved as picture. It saves at 330 dpi. smiley [img=600x400][/img]

[img=600x400][/img]

Sorry, the images seem all over the page smiley ; if anyone knows to correct them, please go ahead, so that they look neat!

@Chitra: Beautiful! Thanks for playing smiley